Agreement between Matt Mckinnon Digital | Graphic Designer and You, the authorised representative of “The Client” (hereinafter referred to as “The Client”), for work commencing in the capacity of Freelance Digital Designer, Web Designer, Website Developer or Graphic Designer.
1. AGREED HOURLY RATE
– The agreed hourly rate for work carried out during the normal business hours (9:00am – 5:00 pm) will be negotiated between The Client & Matt Mckinnon Digital | Graphic Designer before work commences. The agreed hourly rate is to remain confidential between The Client and Matt Mckinnon Digital | Graphic Designer. Matt Mckinnon Digital | Graphic Designer reserves the right to change this rate periodically. The Client will be informed in writing should this rate be changed during the term of this agreement.
– Matt Mckinnon Digital | Graphic Designer agrees not to misuse or disclose any confidential information that may be made available by The Client.
3. CLIENT RESPONSIBILITIES
– Matt Mckinnon Digital | Graphic Designer is under the responsibility of The Client from the time of reporting for duties, and throughout the booking. All reasonable care will be taken to ensure work is completed to the highest achievable standard however Matt Mckinnon Digital | Graphic Designer will not be held liable for loss, expense or damage caused by any act or omission that occurs throughout the duration of the booking.
4. ARTWORK APPROVAL, ERRORS AND OMISSIONS
– Matt Mckinnon Digital | Graphic Designer will take all reasonable care to check proofs carefully for accuracy in all respects, ranging from spelling to technical illustrations. However, it is considered the responsibility of The Client to check all artwork carefully before final sign off and publishing. As a result, Matt Mckinnon Digital | Graphic Designer is not liable for loss, expense or damage caused by any act or omission.
5. NATURE OF COPY
– The Client agrees to exercise due diligence in its direction to Matt Mckinnon Digital | Graphic Designer regarding preparation of materials and must be able to substantiate all claims and representations. The Client is responsible for all trademark, service mark, copyright and patent infringement clearances. The Client is also responsible for arranging, prior to publication, any necessary legal clearance of materials Matt Mckinnon Digital | Graphic Designer prepares. Matt Mckinnon Digital | Graphic Designer will not be held liable for any legal infringements as a result of artwork being distributed or published under the direction of The Client.
– Matt Mckinnon Digital | Graphic Designer makes every effort to maintain the highest possible work standards, however cannot accept responsibility for any loss, expense or liability of any kind incurred whilst preparing work for The Client in a freelance capacity. To the extent permitted by law, Matt Mckinnon Digital | Graphic Designer shall not be liable to the Client or to any third party for any loss or damage arising directly or indirectly in connection with the provision of services. The Client will indemnify and holds harmless the Consultant from and against any claims, costs, expenses, negligence, actions or suits suffered, sustained or incurred by the Client or any third party. This includes, without limitation, interruptions caused by acts of Nature, or any other circumstances beyond reasonable control, any lost profits, business interruption, loss of data or otherwise, even if expressly advised of the possibility of such damages.
7. CANCELLATION / TERMINATION OF AGREEMENT
– Should The Client wish to cancel/terminate the agreement and discontinue any work in progress, The Client must notify Matt Mckinnon Digital | Graphic Designer immediately of this intention. Hours worked to that point will be invoiced. In the case of cancellation/termination, outstanding invoices are required to be payed within 7 (seven) days of the invoice issue date.
8. VARIATION IN TERMS
– These terms can only be varied, amended or altered by written agreement between Matt Mckinnon Digital | Graphic Designer and The Client.
Please fill out the form. When you submit, you will be emailed a copy for your records.